Thursday, March 10, 2011

Key West Photographer: A Week in Paradise (Part 1)

 It's Spring Break 2011! This year maybe thousands of college students will head to a tropical location for spring break. Many will go with family, many will go with friends. I have had an awesome time hanging out with my girlfriends family and two other families in Key West, FL. Our house is actually in Summerland Key, which is about 25 minutes outside of Key West proper.

The house is located right off the Atlantic Ocean, literally it's our backyard. We have kayaks, paddleboards, jet skis and a canoe. Sometimes we go swimming by our house, but some of us are a little scared  of the sharks (yes this video was taken at our house). On Tuesday we got the opportunity to go snorkeling off a reef. I had never done this before, so I was a little nervous. It was amazing. When you look at the pictures, check out the water color. Literally it was blue. I had never seen water that color before. Also, while I was snorkeling I saw a 5 ft(ish) shark. I tried to chase it (a little dumb?), but it jetted away from me.






 Not kidding, this is literally what the water looked like


















1 comment: